Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Edited Writing Sample


I heard a whisper but no-one was there

As I was fast asleep I heard a whisper, a whisper that I've never ever heard before. I felt scared and had no idea what was there. It was dark, no lights were on and everyone was sleeping. I crept quietly to where the whisper was coming from, but no-one was there. It was then I started to think that I was hearing things. “Huh, that's funny any ways back to sleep”, I said to myself.


The sun shone straight through the gaps of my curtains. By morning I forgot all about it and got on with my day as usual. Suddenly I heard the same whisper then I clicked “There’s that whisper”, I said to mum. “I can’t hear anything”, mum replied. Slowly I walked to the hallway and stood there for a good 2 minutes, but still nothing was there. I started to have second thoughts that this would be a whisper from a ghost.

Since it was the weekends I got to stay up and watch T.V. I was begging my sisters to stay up, so that if I heard the whisper they could hear it for themselves. But they were exhausted. There I was alone watching a scary movie as I heard a soft quiet whisper go straight through my eardrums. I shot towards the hallway and looked very very closely. “Oh my god, Arghhhhhhhhhh!”, I shouted. Everybody woke up, even my neighbours. “Whats wrong?”, Said dad. It took me quite a while to answer that question. I guess you know what my answer was.

That night was the most terrifying night of my life. After a while we called somebody to come and bless the house. My family didn't take any chances. “ Hearing whispers in the middle of the night, that's pretty scary”, I said. I eventually calmed down, but felt scared to even close my eyes. Morning came and they were here to bless the house. I didn't know what it was, but it sure wasn't someone that I've seen before.

I got the news that I was right there was a ghost inside the house. I was a little bit wary afterwards but heard no more whispers. Now we can get on with our lives as usual. But then my sister started to talk in her sleep. “Oh no, here we go again”, I said to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment