Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vincent Van Gogh Sunflower Painting


This very valuable picture was painted by the famous Vincent Van Gogh in 1888. It is 73 x 92 cm in size, and was painted by oil paint. This painting’s name is called Sunflowers.

Happy and warm colours are what I see on Van Gogh’s Sunflower painting. Yellow and orange are very bright colours. This painting cheers me up.

The texture on this painting is rough and bumpy. Van Gogh spent most of his money on paint instead of food, this poor man would sometimes starve. He also wasn’t that healthy.



I think this painting is very nice. Of course it’s worth a lot of money, but I like the way that Vincent Van Gogh used the bright colour yellow. Another thing that I like about this painting is the texture and how he showed a new life, and a old life using the sunflowers.

I think that when Van Gogh was painting this picture he was happy. I’m also thinking that Van Gogh's thoughts were probably all about, his flatmate Paul Gauguin.
Vincent Van Gogh is a very cool artist, and I really like his paintings.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Taeshell you got a high score 14 and keep It up good work.

    ReplyDelete